The Spruce Web App is not a native iOS or Android app, but you can create a shortcut to the Spruce Web App on your iOS or Android smartphone home screen to more quickly access Spruce. This shortcut will appear on your home screen with the Spruce icon. On Android operating systems, the shortcut will only appear on the home screen, and not the app drawer.
Note: on iOS, this option is only available on Safari.
- On your IOS device, open Safari and navigate to https://app.spruceirrigation.com
- On the bottom toolbar, tap the Activities button (Square with ‘up’ arrow)
- Tap the Box with a ‘+’ in the middle labeled “Add to Home Screen”
- A screen will pop-up with the blue and white Spruce icon, click ‘Add’ on the top right
- You’ll be taken back to the home screen where the blue and white Spruce shortcut has been added. This shortcut will take you directly to the Web App in a self-contained window.
- On your Android device, open Chrome and navigate to https://app.spruceirrigation.com
- On the top right toolbar tap the menu button (3 dots)
- In the menu that appears, tap “Add to Home Screen”
- A menu will appear with the blue and white Spruce icon, click ‘Add’.
- The Spruce shortcut has been added to your home screen, if space is available.