The Spruce Gen2 controller can utilize range extenders to increase the sensor range and coverage. The recommended range extender is the Centralite 3 series Outlet.
The outlet can be added just like a sensor:
- If the outlet has been joined previously or added to another device, clear the device first
- Plug in the outlet to the wall while holding the button on the outlet
- Release the button, once the led on the outlet lights up
- This removes the outlet from any network it was previously connected to
- unplug it from the wall
- In the Spruce Web App, Go to the Devices page
- Press the + and then the Sensor followed by the controller your are joining the outlet to
- Once the search is started, plug in the outlet
- Spruce will identify the outlet
The outlet will now act as a range extender for the sensors. The Sensor network which uses the ZigBee repeaters will re-route the signals depending on signal strength. The re-routing process is not always immediate and may take time to go into effect.