The Spruce wifi controller can be reset by holding down both the left and right arrow buttons at the same time.
- When the left and right arrow keys are held down for approximately 5 seconds the logo indicator light will change to blinking dark blue. This indicates the controller is in listening mode and can be configured through the app with a wifi access point and password. This does not clear the wifi credentials if they have already been entered but does allow entering additional credentials.
- When the left and right arrow keys are held down for approximately 15 seconds the logo indicator will flash rapidly dark blue. This indicates the controller has been reset to factory defaults. All wifi credentials and all connections to external devices such as sensors will be lost. Settings will be recovered from your account upon reconnection, but the connection to your sensors or other devices will not.
An overview of the functions are described below:
- Listening mode will start automatically when powered on if no wifi credentials are in memory
- Listening mode will timeout after 5 minutes and can be reentered by holding down the left and right arrow keys for 5 seconds
- Spruce wifi can retain up to 5 wifi access points and passwords and will reconnect to whichever is strongest at the time of connection
- Holding down the left and right arrow keys for 15 seconds will reset the controller and stored wifi credentials
- When a connection is established with correct credentials, the controller will indicator light will breath cyan unless another controller function is active, then the indicator light may be another color
- When a connection is lost due to loss of wireless signal or cloud connection, the indicator light will breath cyan and red
- When the connection is lost, the controller will retry for 30 seconds before stopping for 5 minutes and then try again for 30 seconds. This process will repeat indefinitely.
- Broadcom BCM43362 Wi-Fi chip
- 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi 2.4GHz