Weather adjustment settings are set per schedule, and are only available on basic and connected schedules.
- Weather adjustment settings apply to all zones in a basic schedule.
- In the Schedules page, click on the basic schedule you wish to edit, then scroll to the bottom to find the weather adjustment settings.
- Weather adjustment settings are configured independently for each zone (except for rain delay threshold value).
- In the Schedules page, click on the connected schedule you wish to edit.
- Rain Delay threshold value: Scroll to the bottom and find the “Inches of Rain to Delay Watering” Option, and enter the desired value.
- Enable rain delay or climate adjust: Click on the Zone Settings tab, then click on the zone you wish to edit. The weather adjustment enable/disable settings are at the bottom of the list.
Rain Delay: The rain delay looks at:
- the predicted precipitation for the current day
- the reported rain from yesterday
- the cumulative reported rain from the last 7 days with a depletion factor the further out in the past
- Uses the rain delay value entered in setup
Spruce will skip watering for the day if any of the above surpasses the threshold. Spruce uses the darksky.net API – the location used is the latitude / longitude that is set for your controller on the Devices page.
Climate Adjust: Climate adjust will adjust your weekly base duration both up and down. You should set your base durations based on a ~70 degF day (early summer timeframe).
Rain Sensor Delay: Available when a wired rain sensor is attached and enabled. Skips watering while the rain sensor is active.
Spruce didn’t skip watering when it rained
- Check your threshold watering value vs the predicted or actual rain amount for the day in question. You may want to consider lowering your threshold value.
- Check that the location for your Spruce Controller is set correctly.
- Location is set in the Devices Page – click on your Spruce Controller. In the menu that appears, switch to the Location tab.
- Verify that the marker on the map is the correct location
- The latitude and longitude values shown are used to determine your location when Spruce makes weather calls to darksky.net.