Spruce connected schedules offer 2 options when a moisture sensor is assigned to a zone in a connected scheduled. The 2 modes are “Delay” and “Adaptive” and are only available when a sensor is set to the specified zone.
Delay mode uses the moisture setpoint as a guide to watering or skipping watering.
- When reported moisture is below the moisture setpoint at the scheduled water time, the zone will water
- When reported moisture is above the moisture setpoint at the scheduled water time, the zone will not water
- Zones set to “Delay” can be used in multiple schedules
Adaptive mode uses moisture setpoint to adjust the weekly watering time. As the weekly watering time adjusts, the days that are watered will change. The days are restricted to the days allowed, but may change depending on the weekly water time and depth of watering settings.
- Increases weekly watering time when reported moisture is below the moisture setpoint
- Decreases weekly watering time when reported moisture is above the moisture setpoint
- Varies the number of days that will be watered based on the new weekly watering time and depth of watering time
- Weekly time is adjusted until “equilibrium”, which means each time the schedule runs it will adjust the watering time up or down until the reported moisture is close to setpoint each time it checks.
- Zones in “Adaptive” mode can only be used in 1 schedule (excluding manual schedules)