The Spruce Gen 2 Sensors use a CR2477 coil cell battery. If a battery change is needed:
- Open the Spruce Sensor by unscrewing the 4 screws at the bottom of the sensor housing, and remove the lid. Take care to not strip the screws.
- Tap the open end o f the sensor against the palm of your hand until the battery is exposed enough to be extracted manually.
- If you see any moisture anywhere on the inside of the sensor housing, it is very important to allow the inside to dry out before proceeding. The easiest way to do this is to leave the sensor indoors with the lid open for a few days.
- Insert the new battery with the positive terminal (the flat face, which typically also has a “+” scribed on the face) faces outwards, away from the board.
- Re-install the lid and screw in the 4 screws to seal the sensor.