Please contact Spruce Support Contact with any issues, concerns or questions.
2018-07-06 14:00 – 2018-07-09 16:00
Intermittent server issues causing slow app response and some controller data to be lost. NOTE: as part of the resolution to this issue, we have migrated servers and expect network reliability to be much improved moving forward.
- July 11 2018 11:00am PST – All services are restored. Amazon Alexa connectivity is restored.
- July 10 2018 2:00pm PST – Google Assistant and SmartThings connectivity are restored. Amazon Alexa restoration is still in progress.
- July 9 2018 10:00pm PST – App and device are at normal operation. 3rd party services (Google, Amazon, SmartThings) are still being restored. The app server have been upgraded and migrated to a new host and can easily be scaled to accommodate increased traffic to mitigate future issues.
- July 9 2018 9:30am PST – App and 3rd party services (Google, Amazon, SmartThings) are still being restored and may have a slow connection. The app server has been migrated to a new host and is online, however we are still optimizing the connectivity for the app and 3rd party services. During this time, the app may be slow to respond or show incorrect status. The device servers are now working well and the data in and out to the devices is up to date. This means controllers should receive the most up to date schedules and settings. Please get in touch with any outstanding issues.
- July 9 2018 11:30pm PST – Network connectivity has been restored. We are continuing to optimize the updated servers and will be working through any remaining issues. Device and app functionality should be normal, devices should reconnect to the network automatically. Please get in touch with any outstanding issues.
- July 8 2018 – Spruce is currently experiencing a network outage and we are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. The outage effects the Android and Apple Apps, Web App, and device connectivity. During this time the current online/offline and zone statuses will not be reflected correctly.
- July 6 2018 – No action is required or should be taken. The Spruce controllers will reconnect on their own and retrieve updated device settings if any changes were made during this time. While disconnected, the controller will run in offline mode, and will start and stop water automatically, however the on and off status in the app may be inconsistent or inaccurate during this time as the connection is not reliable. The Spruce controller controls the valves with an internal timer, so network connectivity does not effect turning the water off on time. Removing the controller from the app or Wifi will not help.
2018-05-05 20:43 to 05-06 08:16 (PST)
Zone toggles were not being logged and saved.
2018-04-24 14:30 to 04-25 22:10 (PST)
Manual zone toggles were not being logged and saved properly. Zone toggles made via schedules were unaffected.
2018-03-29 16:45 to 23:45 (PST)
Device server issues causing devices to appear offline. Schedules did not run, and sensor and zone data were not saved during this time.
2017-08-22 to 08-26 11:00 (PST)
Schedules using start times relative to sunrise/sunset were triggering at the wrong times. All affected schedules have been corrected and will start at the correct time, at the next scheduled run time.
2017-08-09 16:30 to 16:55 (PST)
Small issue with our device server affecting retrieving status and toggling zones. Schedule initialization may have also been impacted.
2017-07-15 22:30 to 7-16 09:00 (PST)
Server issue causing app loading issues and database operation. No controller or sensor data was saved to the database during this time. Schedules which attempted to run during this time could not access the server and therefore ran in offline mode. Since the database was down, it is likely that there is no record or history of any zones during this time if a schedule did run in offline mode.