These instructions will step through the setup needed to create a schedule that waters based on sensor feedback. Covered in these instructions:
- Configure a zone
- Assign a sensor to the zone
- Setup a connected schedule
Configure a Zone & Assign a Sensor
- Navigate to the “Devices” page
- Select the zone of interest
- It’s useful to fill out all the options here, but the only one necessary for the purposes of this article is the “Sensor Association.” Tap that setting block and select the sensor which resides in this zone.
Setup a Connected schedule
- If a Connected Schedule does not currently exist, add one first.
- Navigate to the zone of choice within the Connected Schedule Settings
- Tap the “Mode” Settings block.
- Select “Sensor.”
- You will need to enter a threshold value. Tap on the “Watering Frequency” settings block to edit a moisture threshold value.
- If you are unsure, you may use Learning Mode to determine the threshold.
- Watering will occur only when the moisture reading is below the moisture threshold. Only days that are allowed in the schedule are eligible to even check against the threshold value. If all days are selected, then any or all of the days might water.
- The watering amount will be the dose calculated by your zone settings.
- If any Weather Watch events are triggered (rain delay, wind delay, etc), the Weather Watch delays will take precedence.
- Minimum and maximum watering enforcement may change the watering duration.